Saturday, May 30, 2015

Saturday is Haul Day 45!!


I've been a bit absent this week.  I find that trying to do too much at once keeps me from getting reviews out in a timely manner.  This is an issue mostly with video games.  With working, reading and watching various forms of media I just don't have the time to get a video game review out in time for it to matter to people.  Of course I picked the absolute worst game to try to alter my strategy, The Witcher 3.  So far I've spent most of my spare time trying to make enough progress in that game to write an informed review, but there's just so much to do.  It's massive, and a review will have to wait.

So, now that you know where I've been for the past week let's move on to the new stuff!

Starting us out are the table top games.  Last Night on Earth by Jason C. Hill, and published by Flying Frog Productions, is a horror game in the style of the late night B-movies we all claim not to watch, but can't look away from.  It's a cooperative game in which the players try to survive a small town's destruction at the hands of a horde of zombies.  The other game is a little card game called Gloom.  Created by Keith Baker and released by Trident, Inc. Gloom puts the players in a very strange situation; trying to kill their family members in the most tragic way possible, while supporting and providing happiness to their opponents families.  Sound twisted?  Well it is, and perfect for the group of people that I normally play with!

It was slim pickings in the comics department this week, with only two comics appearing on my pull list.  Postal #4 by Matt Hawkins, Bryan Hill, Isaac Goodhart, and Betsy Gonia and Tomb Raider #16 by Rhianna Pratchett and Derlis Santacruz.

No comments:

Post a Comment