Saturday, December 6, 2014

Saturday is Haul Day 21!!


Quite the week for new stuff.  I started out by picking up my last out-standing pre-order, Grand Theft Auto V from Rockstar Games.  I haven't really played a GTA since San Andreas so I'm excited to drop back into the world and see how everything has been polished since my last romp around town.

The new additions from the book store are The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson, which is book three in his Mistborn series.  I've been very impressed with the first two books so I'm looking forward to jumping right back into that story.  I also decided to go old school and pick up Edgar Rice Burroughs' A Princess of Mars.  Originally published in 1912 it has been very influential in the way science fiction stores have been told over the years.

This was one of this weird weeks in comic books when there was only one book on the pull list, so I mostly decided to tackle some of the new #1s and see if anything new caught my eye.  As you can see I picked up:  Angela: Asgard's Assassin #1  by Kieron Gillen, Marguerite Bennett, Phil Jimenez, and Stephanie Hans, Green Arrow #37 by Andrew Kreisberg, Ben Sokolowski and Daniel Sampere, Hellboy and the B.P.R.D. 1952 #1 by Mike Mignola, John Arcudi, Alex Maleev, and Dave Stewart, Secret Six #1 by Gail Simone, Ken Lashley, Drew Geraci, and Jason Wright, Wolf Moon #1 of 6 by Cullen Bunn, Jeremy Haun, and Lee Loughridge (poor Mr. Loughridge's name is misspelled on the credits page) and finally The Woods #8 by James Tynion IV and Michael Dialynas.

No comments:

Post a Comment