Saturday, September 6, 2014

Saturday is Haul Day 8!!


Whoa!  Check out all that stuff.  After making my rounds I got home with a huge bag of loot.  On the movie side of things we've got We Need to Talk About Kevin, a psychological thrill focusing on evil and the question of nature vs. nurture.  It's directed by Lynne Ramsay and stars Tilda Swinton, John C. Reilly and Ezra Miller.  There's also The Raid:  Redemption, a balls-to-the-wall action movie directed by Gareth Evans; this is the original Indonesian movie, an English language remake has been announced.

Next we have Naomi Novik's His Majesty's Dragons, book one of Temeraire.  I had the pleasure of attending Sword and Laser Live last weekend at Dragon*Con and Mrs. Novik was the guest author, after hearing the passion with which she spoke about her series, and writing in general, I decided I had to check it out.  Dennis Lehane's Live by Night is the next of his books to be announced as getting a big screen adaptation.  This will be the first of his books that I've read, but Mystic River was one of my favorite crime movies to come out in the 2000s, Shutter Island was intriguing, if not quite up to what I normally expect from a DiCaprio/Scorsese collaboration, and the trailers for The Drop look fantastic so I'm excited to dig into this Prohibition era crime drama.

On the comics front we've got The Bunker trade paperback, collecting issues #1-4, since I had no luck finding the first three issues of the series.  In addition there is Hexed by Michael Alan Nelson and Dan Mora, Future's End Green Arrow #1 a one-shot part of the series, Rocket Raccoon #3 by Skottie Young and Jean-Francois Beaulieu, She-Hulk #8 by Charles Soule, Javier Pulido, and Munsta Vincente, Death of Wolverine 1 of 4 by Charles Soule, Steve McNiven, Jay Leisten and Justin Ponsor and The Woods #5 by James Tynion IV and Michael Dialynas.

No comments:

Post a Comment